Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My life as a Mom!!

VANCE IS 19 MONTHS TODAY!!!!
So as many of you know toddlers are just so funny. Every moment is a new experience with Vance. Last night during bath time Curtis calls me from the bathroom and says he needs me. I said just a minute and he said I don't think I have a minute and then I said what's wrong and he said I don't think you want to know!!! Well as I walked in and looked in the tub I was shocked to see that Vance had pooped in the tub!!! EEEEEEWWWWWW!!!! I am sure some of you have dealt with this before but it has never happened to us so we were both just kind of in a state of "what do we do now?" It was an interesting experience and I am so glad that I didn't have to deal with it by myself. My brave husband took the job of scooping it out of the tub into the toilet. MY HERO!!!

This morning is a whole other story. Vance was sitting eating his breakfast and usually when he is done he yells "Mama!!!" and I say yes and he says Da which means done but today he just started throwing his eggs so I went in to take his tray away and he grabbed it from me and said "wawa" which means water so I just thought he wanted his sippy and so I let him get that and continued to take the tray but OH NO that was not what I was supposed to do. He was drinking his sippy with one hand and with the other he grabs the tray to put it back on his chair. Now that may not sound as funny to some of you as it really was but if you could see him it was hilarious.

I am learning so many things about Vance and his little personality. He is just so much fun and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father that he sent this special angel to me. I don't know what I did to deserve him but nevertheless he is ours. He is so smart and funny and I love him so much. So there you have it folks just a glimse into a moment in the life of Vance's mom!!!!

7 comments:

Sands...Like Sands on the Beach said...

this is why I'm in love with blogs! So we can laugh at each other's kids. . .and be grateful that today wasn't our day to clean the poop out of the tub!

Jessica Sorensen said...

You always are so positive and make me excited to be a mom soon.

Rustino Scar said...

haha. that's pretty sick, but funny. I'm glad you guys laughed about it...I guess that's why we all get along. I sure do miss you guys and hope you're doing great in Iowa!

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh you poor thing! Hallie pooped in the tub once too. It's so gross, but so funny too! Vance is such a cutie. I swear he always has a smile on his face!

Anonymous said...

EWW! My babysitter said that Keane pooed in the tub, but I've never had to deal with it. I think I would gag myself to death. Good thing Curtis was there to scoop it out for you!

DeWitts said...

Yucky, funny story! I've been lucky cooper has never pooped in the tub! Good thing your hubby was there to scoop in out! Isn't mother-hood a joy?

Jennifer said...

Ok Crystal....time for a new post girlie! ;o)