Friday, January 30, 2009

My Vance

I am just realizing that this is really the last month that I have with just us and Vance. I am trying not to be too emotional about it but it really hard. As trying as it is to have a toddler that is so stubborn and independent it is a great thing to have a toddler that is so stubborn and independent. I was having a really hard day the other day and he came up to me and said "What's wrong Mommy?" I told him that I was just frustrated and he said to me "Don't worry Mommy Vance (Vanc-ee) is here (While he was patting my leg to make me feel better). Oh Mommy." What a sweetheart!! Isn't that the worst when you are so mad at them and then they do something so cute like that. He is really growing up so fast. I am going to miss our time together but I know that he is going to be so helpful with the baby. I hope that I am still able to make him feel as loved and needed when the baby comes. I know that can be a big change but I don't want that to be an issue. I am not sure what to do though. I am sure this sounds like a bunch of ramblings but I needed and outlet to say these things. My Vance is such an amazing little guy. Sometimes I think that he deserves so much better than what I can give him. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He teaches me something everyday, shouldn't it be the other way around? What a guy!!

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Oh Crystal, You are the sweetest mom ever!!! Everybody knows it but you. Love you!!!

Jared & Tristan said...

The night my water broke I remember reading to Guy for bedtime and just holding him, knowing that I would soon be heading to the hospital and our lives would be changed forever. I felt a little bit of sadness (even though I was SUPER excited about having another baby). It's tough knowing that your little boy's life is going to change dramatically and he has no idea really. You can tell them about the baby coming but they really don't understand until it happens.

You are a great mommy! And it's so cute that Vance came up to comfort you!