Thursday, March 12, 2009

Funny thought

So I thought I would make a little post because today was supposed to be the day we were induced and should have had Kael but he is almost four weeks old. It is funny how things turn out isn't it. Life is full of unexpected surprises. Our boy is doing well and growing like a weed. At our appointment last Friday he was a healty 7lbs 7 1/2oz. He loves to sleep, except when it is time for me to sleep and then of course he wants to be up and looking at me for hours. I am just happy that he naps when Vance naps so that I can as well. Curtis is able to be with us tomorrow and through the weekend so that is always a great blessing. I love my sweet husband and miss him so much. It will all be over soon, thank goodness. Some of the funny yet sad things Vance has been saying when Curtis tells him he is leaving is "No daddy go to work, stay and play with Vance, you're my best friend!" Oh talk about tugging at the ole heart strings. He races me to the phone anytime it rings saying "Daddy's on the phone, I get it." When anyone walks up the stairs he jumps up and says "Daddy coming home!" But they funniest thing of all is that when he actually talks to Curtis on the phone he just wanted to sing Happy Birthday. What a goose. He keeps me going that is for sure. Anyway, thank you for all the prayers and thoughts for us these last few weeks. They have been helping I know it. We love you all. No new pictures to post so sorry about that but here is a post just the same.

2 comments:

Jessica Sorensen said...

I am glad you guys are doing well. I thought it was funny last time I checked your blog and it said you still had 2 weeks to go. You never had to get to that when will he come stage how nice.

Tawnya said...

Where does he come up with that stuff? What a funny kid!