Thursday, June 25, 2009

A whirlwind of a few weeks!

So I know it has been a long time since I posted anything but Curtis was gone on a rotation for four weeks and had the computer with him and when he came home on the weekends I really didn't want to waste time blogging. So here is a long post with lots of pictures. My sister Alethia and her kids came to visit while her son Darron had some doctor's appointments and it was so great to have them here. Vance loved spending time with his cousins and it was great to spend time with my sister. I love Iowa but that is definitely something I really miss. We took a little trip to Minnesota for a job interview and both Curits a I had strep throat which made for an interesting trip. It wasn't as pretty as Iowa there but it was really pretty still. We shall see. Curtis' family came in last Tuesday for the Graduation and the blessing any my mom and dad came up on Thursday. Thursday Kael had his four month check up and he is now 15 1/4 lbs and is 25 inches long. What a big boy he is. During the last three weeks he has rolled over and discovered his voice. Always cooing and such. We love to sit and listen to him. What a doll. It was a very eventful weekend and we just kept going and going. On Friday was the Graduation luncheon followed by the Graduation and then a BBQ at our house to celebrate. On Saturday we went to Nauvoo with Curtis' family and had a great time. Sunday was Blessing day and we had a great day that ended with a Tornado warning and us spending an hour in the hallway downstairs playing Outburst. It was really fun. Monday we went to Kalona, the Amish colony here, and just looked around. My parents left from there and Alethia and Joe left that morning. Then Curtis' family left on Tuesday morning. It was great to have everyone there to celebrate so many things with us. Enjoy all the pictures.

Kaels' blessing day was a great day. We are so grateful that we had so much family here to enjoy our special day with us.


Graduation, it finally happened. I am so proud of my sweet Curtis for all the hard work he put into this and now he has one final rotation to go and he will be done. Time has flown. We are all so proud of him and can't wait to start a whole new chapter in our lives.


Here are the pictures from the time we spent with the family.



Our ward had its annual Father-Toddler campout recently and I am finally posting the pictures for you all to see. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Curtis Family said...

I really thought you had fallen off the face of the earth!:o) Your boys are sooooo cute! I bet you had so much fun with all of the family there! Congratulations to Curtis for graduating! I bet that is such a relief! So what happened with the interview in Minnesota?

The Lewis Lovebirds! said...

CONGRATS to curtis. Man you have a cute little family. Something happened though because Kael is Curtis trapped in a babies body. HOLY smokes he is like his little clone. Good for you guys it looks like you are doing so good. Take care and good luck with finding a job.