Sunday, October 26, 2008

Ponderings

I woke up this morning just reflecting on life and how great it is. While we were driving to the Adult session for our Stake Conference I was just looking around and thinking how amazing this world is that we live in. The Lord has created this beautiful place for us to enjoy. This time of year I really appreciate how lucky we are to be here. The fall colors and simply breathtaking and it is unbelievable all the different colors there are. I grew up in a place where there were a lot of pine trees so there weren't as many leaves that changed color in the fall. I have been lucky enough to be in several places in the Midwest and the East coast in the fall and have seen the beautiful array of colors that exist out here and it has truly opened my eyes to the wonders of the season. I also love this time of year because there is a certain feeling in the air that tells me that Christmas is near. I know we should have the Christmas spirit all year round but it is especially strong right now. It is truly a time of giving of ourselves and serving our fellow man. It is a time for us a human race to show our kindness and love for one another and to tell Satan that there are so many good people in this world and that we do love each other no matter what. The Savior teaches us to love each other and to love this world that we live in. I am just so thankful for the beauties of the earth that come with each change in the season and that we are able to enjoy them. I hope that I can teach my children to love and appreciate our world and the seasons that we are blessed with. Sorry I don't even know if that made sense but I have so many thoughts in my mind and it is hard to sort them out into words. I love you all and hope that you find joy and happiness during this trying time in all our lives.

2 comments:

Tawnya said...

Thank you Crystal.

DeWitts said...

I love this time of year also.