Saturday, October 11, 2008

The worst 3 weeks of my life!!!!!

Okay other than the fact that I got to spend three weeks with my sisters and am currently with my parents in Kentucky for another week this has been the worst three weeks ever. I don't know how people can just send their husbands or wives of for so much time and still keep their sanity!!! For those of you that are totally confused right now Curtis is away on a rotation in Sioux City Iowa and wouldn't have been able to come home every week without breaking the bank so I packed up Vance and we headed south so that I wouldn't have to be four months pregnant and alone for a month. It is so hard to not have Curtis their with me. I just have to say that I could never be a single parent. I am so impressed with those people that do that everyday and are so great at it but I am definitely not one that could. Vance is a great boy don't get me wrong but it does help to have someone around to share the responsibility and all the fun things that go along with having a child. Not to mention the fact that Vance has been sick off and on through out this whole trip and I have been scared to death that I wasn't doing something right to help him. This has truly made me appreciate my sweet love and companion so much more. I know I shouldn't be complaining because at least I was around my family whereas he has been all alone in an apartment working day after day without anyone there. He is truly amazind and the greatest man I have ever known. I am so blessed to have him in my life. He has worked so hard this last year and a half to make a better way for us and I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father to have such a great example in my life. He is amazing and I don't know what I would do without him by my side forever. I love you Curtis and I miss you and I can't wait to see you next Friday!!!! Sorry that this went from a rambling session to a love fest but I am pregnant and my emotions are kind of on a permanent rollercoaster at the moment. Enjoy your spouses because it is no fun without them!!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cyrstal! I didn't know that you're pregnant!!! Congratulations! Looks like we aren't too far apart!
Anyway, I'm really sorry that you have been away from your husband. I hated when I was away from MINE for a week! I can't imagine 4 weeks! I'm glad you are with family though. That probably makes it a little easier.

Anonymous said...

We never really appreciate something until it's gone, right? At least it might give your relationship a little spark!

Unknown said...

That would be so hard! I had no idea you were pregnant! Congrats! That is so exciting! Hope you are feeling okay.

Tawnya said...

I am glad you are back. I am sorry it was so tough. I am going to SLC next week and I am not looking forward to it, though it is only for one week, not three. (Is it ok if i put a link to your blog on mine?)

Unknown said...

Hi Crystal - found your blog on Kristi's - okay if I add a link to ours? Anyway, I just went to Seattle for 12 days without Jordan and it was HORRIBLE!! I was with so much family and was so lonley too. Sorry you are having a rough time, but if you want to hang out and let the kids go crazy let me know. I'll even take Vance for you for an afternoon! Talk to you soon and hang in there,
Samantha

Heather O'Brien said...

Oh Crystal, I read your blog at the right time. You took the words I was feeling right out of my mouth! ha ha. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Congrats on your pregnancy! How exciting!

The Frost Family said...

Crystal, I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratualtions! Do you know if it's a girl of a boy? I'm starting to freak out alittle bit right now because I'm thinking of when Brock leaves for the Navy. I know it's going to be so hard. He'll have to spend time out on a crew ship for sometimes up to 6 months! Oh boy! Just a sacrifice we'll have to make for alittle bit for a better future.