Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Doings and Sayings from Vance

Vance has really started talking a lot now and some of the things he says are so funny. I thought I would share some of them with you. He is also just doing so many fun things as well. He is just so cute I can't help but share.

If I ask him to come here so we can change his diaper he will say "A minute" which means in one minute mom.

If there is something that he wants to show me he will say "Mamon I show you."

When he does something, for example falling out of the chair onto the floor, he will say "Sorry Momma" I don't know why if he fell he has to say sorry but that is what he does.

A few weeks ago we were at my mom's house with my cousin and her kids and we were getting them all settled in to eat dinner and she said okay it is time for prayer and all of the sudden Vance said "Father, day, food, Jesus Christ, Mamen." It took everything I had not to bust up laughing in the middle of it. I couldn't believe that he just started saying the prayer. Now he says it for breakfast and lunch and sometimes helps with the prayers in Sacrament meeting. SO FUNNY!!

When we were in Oklahoma he was introduced to Diego and just loved it. Well he found the dvd at our library I don't know how because I have tried to find it since then and couldn't. Anyway they teach you some spanish words and one day when watching they were counting in Spanish and he started saying "Uno, dosh, tes, qato, tinto, safe" and so on it was so funny I was just cracking up. 

Last night we went to a fireside and the General Authority said something that made the congregation laugh and he started laughing his loudest funniest laugh because everyone else was laughing too.

When asked what he would like to eat he will say "MMMMMM (while tapping his finger on his lip) NO" if it isn't something that he wants. So opinionated.

The other day while we were out as a family Curtis had said "Are you a Knucklehead?" and when Curtis went inside to get something Vance said "C'mon Knucklehead" I couldn't believe it.

He got a Knight's outfit for his birthday and is just now really starting to enjoy it. Well he will put on the breast shield and the helmet and give daddy the other sword and say "Watch me" and will start sword fighting with daddy and if thinks I am not watching he will stop, lift up the little face shield on the helmet and say "Mommy watch me" and keep doing that until he sees me watching him.

If he feels that I am talking to long to someone either on the phone or in person he will put his hand up and say "Stop" and if that doesn't work he will climb up onto my lap and either put his hand over my mouth or give me a kiss on the lips until I stop talking.

It has been such a fun time seeing him grow up so much in the last few months. I can't believe how big he is getting but I love it. Everyday is a new adventure and we look forward to what the future brings for our little guy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is too funny! I love the prayer story! Michaela just says amen all the time to get us to open our eyes again!