Thursday, August 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Vance!!

Well my baby turned three on Tuesday and I just can't believe it. He was so excited about finally getting to eat his birthday cake, he has been asking me about it for a while now. It was so much fun because he got more into the celebration this year than before. Such a fun, and trying, age. We had asked him on Sunday what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese, of course. Then on Tuesday morning I asked him where he said he wanted to go for his birthday and he said "THE GYM!" We have been going to the gym everyday with my parents here in Kentucky and he goes to the daycare section and loves it! Mimi and Papa thought that was pretty funny. We had a great day just spending time together and Vance asked for a Kung Fu Panda cake and that is what he got. It was pretty cute if I do say so myself, thanks Mom. We got Vance a set of big metal Tonka trucks for him and thanks to the discount aisle at Wal-Mart we were able to afford a couple more things. He made a pretty good haul this year thanks to all the grandparents. For dinner he chose Mac and cheese which was fine by me and enjoyed a great piece of cake. The whole day just went by so fast just like the last three years. I saved all my tears for when I was going to bed. I just can't believe how fast it has flown by which tells me that he will be gone and on his mission far too soon. That is the way this all goes but I just thought I would have so much time. Oh well, just enjoy it while you got it right? Here are some pictures of our day.











A letter for my Vance:


Dear sweet Vance,


I can't believe how much you have grown in the last year. You are such a joy in our lives. Everyday you make me laugh and smile at myself. I know that you make me a better mommy because you are just such a sweet spirit. This year has brought about a lot of changes for you and you have handled them all so well. I wish I had your ability to adjust to any situation I am put it. When your little brother came into our family you stepped right in and assumed your role as helpful, adoring, big brother. You love your little brother so much and are so helpful. Your brother just adores you and I am sure that it will continue to be that way for the rest of your lives. You are such a polite and sweet boy. Everyone around you notices how amazing you are. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for sending you to me and your daddy. I love you so much my sweet Monkey boy! Happy Birthday!


No comments: