Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week One in review

So we have had our sweet Merek for almost a whole week now and it has been wonderful. The boys just love their little brother and can't give him enough kisses. This little guy is pretty resilient because Kael doesn't always control the speed at which he comes down to kiss and he has knocked heads more than once. But overall they are very sweet and as gentle as possible. Vance tells me all day "Ah isn't he cute!" He also keeps saying "Can we keep him forever?" So sweet. We love our awake time and seeing his sweet little eyes. Daddy is sad to go back to work tomorrow but it was great having him here with us this week. Mimi is here and is amazing. We are so thankful to have her here. Thank you Papa! Enjoy our pictures.
Sweet moments.
Vance loves holding his Merek.
Kael being cute.
Eyes!
Monkey toes!
All that dark hair.
Cute boy
Getting dressed to go home.
Not too happy about clothes.
Toes!
My going home outfit.
Look at how little I look in my car seat!
Sweet brothers welcome us home.
They love him.
Karate chop action!
Sleeping
My first smile!

Hello world
Cheese.
Cute Merek

Daddy and Merek
On their way to church today they boys both brought something for brother to keep while they were gone. Vance gave him his bears and Kael gave him his blanket. So sweet!
I didn't get a picture last week so this is Kael's second week in Nursery. But boy is he handsome. Vance was so good and helpful.
Silly Kael wouldn't look up long enough to get his face.
Brother with his gifts.

So since this is kind of like my journal I am going to go ahead and post the birth story. I know not all are interested so you can leave now if you don't want to know but for those that do here you go. At 1:30 am on Monday my water broke and we got ready to go to the hospital. We dropped the boys off at a friends (Thank you Julianna) and arrived at the hospital at about 2 am. They checked me and I was about a 4 1/2 and so the night began. My contractions didn't really start until about 2:30 am and continued through the night. By about 6:30 I hadn't progressed past the 4 1/2 so we decided to get the epidural before they started the pit. I got the epidural at around 7 and was immediately at a 6 so that meant they didn't have to give me the pit after all. In about 20 min I was at a 10 and ready to push. We pushed for quite a while and they the doctor came in for the final pushing and he arrived at 8:24 am. I was so lucky to have a relatively short (for me anyway) labor. He is perfect and we are enjoying every moment.

7 comments:

Janette said...

Thank you, thank you for the update. We can't get enough of looking at our sweet family.

Curtis Family said...

All of your boys are sooooo adorable! You will have to let me know how it is having three kids so I can decide if I want to have any more or stop while we are ahead:o)

Tawnya said...

They are so adorable!!!! All of them!

Shersten said...

Those are three very cute boys! That going home outfit for Merek is very handsome.

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Congrats Crystal. Merek is adorable. How are you holding up with three? We are trying for our second, hopefully we wont have to wait to long.

Adam and Emily said...

Congrats he is so adorable!

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Thanks Crys. Hey really is my pride and joy as i am sure all of your sweet boys are! I would love to have a boy next so that briston can have a brother close like your boys do! jeff does too because he was the only boy! But I would love a girl too! I already have tons of girl fabric for cute blankets...that is so my guilty pleasure...he he he. Here is hoping!