Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Ward Halloween Party!!!

So for Halloween this year I decided to have a family theme and we were a family of M&M's. Curtis is the peanut M&M, I was the plain M&M and Vance is a mini M&M. I made mine and Curtis' costumes but I didn't make Vance's. It was my first sewing project and let me tell all those women out there that are new at sewing, Satin is not the best thing to begin with. We had a great time at the party and we were one of the few couples that dressed up with our son. We were glad that we did it though. We won best couple it tights. But I think it was just my boys that looked great it those tights.
Vance may be a mini M&M but don't forget he is a tough little boy and he has muscles.
Here we are at the party. I have some funny eyelashes on so it looks a little weird. We should have sat down for the picture but Curtis was having difficulty sitting in his costume. HEHEHEH!!!

Here is Vance in the Cutest Pre-nursery child contest. He was so cute.
I don't know what he was trying to share with us but he sure is cute.
My Peanut man!!! Pretty good huh? I don't know if you can really see it but he is wearing a bow tie which I made too.
Vance just wanted to stand by whoever was standing but he apparently didn't want his picture taken.
Here is my costume. I even made the bow!!! Sexy little green M&M, note the shoes below.
And here I am with my sweet boy. What a doll.

5 comments:

Josh and Cori said...

so cute! You did a good job for your first sewing experience-what a good idea! People like us with limited budgets have to be creative. I need some sewing lessons-too bad we don't live closer!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you made those. That is very impressive. Every time I try to make something on the sewing machine, I break it.

Teresa :) said...

WHAT A CUTE FAMILY. I COULD NEVER TALK MICHAEL INTO DRESSING UP WITH ME BUT I WOULD LOVE TO!!! YOUR LITTLE BOY IS A DOLL.

Teresa :) said...

PS GREAT JOB ON THE SEWING. I ALSO MADE THE SATIN MISTAKE ON ONE OF MY FIRST SOLO(W/OUT MOMS HELP) PROJECTS AND I SWORE THROUGH THE WHOLE THING. HAHA

Hans and Holly said...

Cryssy and Curtis! I L-O-V-E your costumes. You rock at sewing Cryssy. Vance is so delicious. He's lucky I live so far away so I don't eat him all up. J/K. Happy Halloween! We love you guys. From the AAARRRGGGHHHSSSS! A.K.A THE CARLSONS